The Career Indulgence Difference
There are 4 key unique aspects of our programs and coaching:
- Remember We remember what is was like to be in high school and in college. This enabled us to design programs based on a teen’s frame of reference.
- Relate We have the ability to connect and coach teens because it wasn’t too long ago that we were in their shoes. As a result, we are able to help bring out motivation and a success mindset, creating essential confidence and maturity.
- Relevant There are plenty of assessments and occupational handbooks, but not necessarily up-to-date. We stay informed on the latest career trends and possibilities, bringing the careers of tomorrow to your teen’s plan.
- Results We are very results oriented and skilled at delivering action plans. Unlike many other coaches, with our program, we track progress every session. Every session, you or your teen can let us know if we want to make more progress or celebrate how far we’ve come.
Today, more than ever, there are key trends and debates regarding education globally:
- The education system is failing and is in dire need of improvement.
- Should school be a time of career exploration or a time for career preparation?
- Who is responsible for solid education and education values in our children? The Parents or the School or even, Society as a whole?
Ultimately, the one burning question on everyone’s mind is how do we prepare our children to compete in the global marketplace?
In all these discussions, we are missing the critical fundamental root cause for all these questions: Choice.
The world has evolved in the last generation:
- More information
- Widespread accessibility to information
- Higher capability for technology to perform routine, manual tasks.
- More and more of the world have their basic needs of food, clean water, homes met. Work does not solely exist to meet these needs and a new need for a higher purpose has emerged.
As opposed to previous generations, limited by pursuits in life that focused on meeting their basic needs with less awareness of alternative options, people today are bombarded with choice. Today, ,we not only struggle with constant advertisements on what to buy or support, but with deciphering the many options available for a higher, fulfilling purpose.
The meaning of purpose is highly individual.
The purpose of Career Indulgence is to help people manage the plethora of choices in today’s world by providing a unique, individualized framework and methodology.
This ultimately enables inner confidence and the ability to adapt and reassess at any time in the future when new choices need to be made.
Where most people are stuck between the debate of career exploration vs career preparation, parents vs. school vs. society, Career Indulgence consistently bridges these polar choices with effective solutions starting with the key benefactor, The Individual.
It’s about You.
How do we increase graduation rates? How do we decrease the time to find or transition into a new job? How do we maintain having fun while in exploration phases? How do we still allow kids to be kids? Regardless of whether you are in school or on a 4th career change, Career Indulgence’s framework applies:
>> We give space and time – instead of rushing straight to finding colleges or sending out resumes that seems effective in the short term, our program thinks of what is truly productive and meets the real goal: a successful and fulfilling choice. Those who have spent the time for reflection and have key self-awareness, reach their end states and start living purposefully faster. They are able to ask for what they want and then get it, instead of relying and waiting on the other end’s response (putting the control in our hands vs waiting on someone else)
>> We create experiences – instead of relying on grades, mental assumptions, or others presumptions of what you could do, we follow the entrepreneurial approach of try-fail-try-fail. How do you sift through the choices? By getting experience on where you think you might be interested – whether it is through someone else’s eyes, starting a business, interning, the options are endless.
>> We instill confidence – instead of looking through a catalog of choices and then matching self to catalog, we start with self, first. What matches you, not do you match the choice? By highlighting your unique strengths and characteristics, the choices that approach you are ones you have conviction, motivation, and confidence to work on. People who have motivation are ultimately unstoppable in their power to succeed.
By indulging in a moment to self-reflect and focus in on you as an individual, you are enabling yourself to see clearly through the millions of choices today.
Originally an Asian American from Austin, Texas, Crystal Kadakia became self-aware at a young age by seeking out third party perspectives and external resources and wanted to accelerate that same experience for others.
>> She began college at the age of 15 by actively finding opportunities to accelerate her growth while in high school. By applying to an early entrance college program (known as Texas Academy of Math and Science), she was able to greatly benefit, not only educationally, but from the diverse atmosphere of college students and professors.
>> Following her early entrance college experience, she earned a bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering with honors from the University of Texas at Austin at the age of 20.
>> She was awarded multiple prestigious internships and jobs, including working for NASA, biochemical labs, tutoring, and mentoring young girls in science.
>> Upon graduation, she joined Procter & Gamble, the multi-billion dollar consumer products company as an Engineering Manager. She continued to pursue her passion of developing people and currently works in Training and Development, designing global programs to build capability in new engineers.
>> She started Career Indulgence in 2011 and has helped many career transitioners with a specific focus on accelerating the success for students.
Fun Fact: Crystal has been playing pool for years and even owns her own cue. Few suspect what they’re in for when they take her on!
- Certified Coach from Coach Training Alliance
- Additional Coaching Certification from Bright Livelihoods
- ASTD Employee Learning Week Recognition: Recognized as making an exceptional contribution to training at P&G. Received the honor to take a photo with the Governor of Georgia.
Although we’re focused on students, we have coached many into new careers as well as those interested in starting a business. Just contact us to get started with a free sample session!